A search engine might possibly suggest unusual services to its users. Beside text search it may possibly offer searching for images, groups, news and videos etc. The web site owners or developers should also consider that along with the text and key word efficient Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, they also require excellent Image Search Optimization (ISO) techniques to improve the ranking of their sites along with the engine’s data base.
Here we go with some really easy and effortless Image Search Optimization (ISO) techniques that you should keep in mind.
• Image Name: Your image must have a name and the name should be carrying great weight. Try to include the name of the topic that your website is about, in the nomenclature.
• Image Description: It will be an extremely good practice if all along with the name you are giving a short and to the point description of the image. Moreover, it can also contain the date, time and venue of the picture including the name of the photographer.
• Image Quality: The image must be clear, sharp and non-offensive. It should be high resolution image. Try to keep the original image, available in 2 or 3 different resolutions.
• Image Accessibility: Confirm that the entire images of your site are in search engine’s directory and simply accessible to the ‘crawlers’.
• Size and placement of the Image: It may probably surprise you but the size and placement of the image also counts. It must be neither too small (that it remains nearly hidden on your page) nor too huge (that the text of your page is over-shadowed). Moreover some text must be placed something like 3 or in any case 2 sides of the image.
Be careful about these things and there would be no reason why your image won’t be amongst the first ones in the web search.